Just a quick heads up...
You’re smart, have lots of energy and have great potential in this life, but even more than that, you have so much yet to learn. Here’s a few tips that may not make sense to you yet, but they will in good time.
- Selfishness will be the root of all your difficulties in life. The path out of the maze of self is service.
- God isn’t always going to make sense to you. You don’t need to understand it all to follow in His path.
- You will encounter many distractions in life that will turn your focus away from God. Seek to minimize those distractions and find forgiveness for yourself when you fall short.
- Always remain teachable. When you think you know it all, you’re in dangerous territory.
- Find a way to be grateful for everything. It’s fertilizer for happiness and growth.
- Pray when you want to, but even more important, pray when you don’t want to.
- Perfect is the enemy of good. Meditate on that daily. It will straighten out many lines for you.
- Seek to love everybody, whether friend, family or foe. This one will not come easy.
- Treat yourself with kindness. Anything short of that will block you from the sunlight of the spirit.
- And finally, your ego is not your amigo… chew on that!
Keep this letter in your heart, and re-read it at any time you are in doubt.
With kind and loving regards,
Your older, wiser Self